“America’s New Manufacturing Moment”
THURSDAY, September 29, 2016 | Washington, DC
- Thank you to all speakers and attendees who helped make the Summit a success! Read the event summary.
- Following the event, written statements from those who presented during the “Memos to the Next President” session were published as an op-ed in the Huffington Post: Rebuilding American Manufacturing: Memos to the Next President.
- A unique interactive event featuring key leaders from government, industry, and academia.
- The MForesight National Summit will identify actionable solutions for the next Presidential Administration to boost innovation, enhance workforce training, and strengthen U.S. manufacturing competitiveness.
- Attendees left the National Summit with knowledge and networks to create and sustain new opportunities for domestic manufacturing.
- The Summit was held at The Mayflower Hotel
- Unable to attend? Follow the event on Twitter: #MForesight16
Across political parties and regions of the country, people agree about the importance of domestic production. With U.S. leadership in emerging technologies and the rise of reshoring, American manufacturing is ripe for resurgence.
Still, our nation’s leaders are grasping for ideas about how to facilitate the creation of quality manufacturing jobs. Doing so will require clear thinking about the future and clear communications with academia and industry regarding opportunities, risks, and roadmaps.
MForesight exists to serve as a voice of America’s advanced manufacturing community—informing policymakers, educating the public, and aligning research activities with national priorities. It’s a clearinghouse for the best ideas for the future of manufacturing.
On September 29 in Washington, DC, the MForesight Summit will bring together thought-leaders from industry, academia, and government to consider how best to seize America’s new manufacturing moment.
This year’s theme—America’s New Manufacturing Moment—reflects the momentum and potential for domestic manufacturing. The Summit will focus on identifying tangible steps that diverse stakeholders can take in the next presidential administration to support domestic production. Speakers will examine how manufacturing can address our innovation needs, the trade deficit, economic opportunity, and sustainable growth.
Gamechanger Series: What’s the “next big thing” for US manufacturing? A diverse range of speakers will offer brief talks on potentially transformative future developments from innovation to economics to policy.
Memos to the Next President: Experts from the worlds of business, academia, and policy will offer clear and concise manufacturing policy action items for the next occupant of the White House.
America’s Next Manufacturing Workforce: What works when it comes to inspiring and educating the next generation manufacturing workforce? Leaders from trade associations, higher education, and government weigh in on best practices for training, K-12 education, and apprenticeships.
Forecasting Future Innovation: Panelists from MForesight’s Leadership Council, federal agencies, and industry discuss how MForesight can most effectively serve the interests of the advanced manufacturing community.