Thank you to all attendees and speakers at the 2017 MForesight National Summit! You can review the day’s events by reading the event summary and summary of the keynote talk, checking out #MForesight17 on Twitter or reviewing the agenda in the program booklet (click on the cover below to view), downloading the presentations, or reading the handouts.
Speakers & Presentations
Thank you to all our speakers for giving fantastic presentations at the Summit. Click on the button below to go to a shared folder where you can download the slides for those that have chosen to share their presentation.
Speakers (available presentations are indicated with *):
- Mike Russo, GLOBALFOUNDRIES:
- Sridhar Kota, MForesight:
“Introduction to MForesight”*
- James Davis, UCLA:
“Cybersecurity for Manufacturers”
- Featured Speaker: David Vasko, Rockwell Automation:
“Digital Transformation is Revolutionizing Manufacturing”*
- Mike Nicholas, Microsoft:
“Beyond the Buzz of Digital – Making it Real for Manufacturing”*
- Christie Wong Barrett, Mac Arthur Corporation:
“Supplier Ecosystem Innovation”*
- Keynote Speaker: Gary Pisano, Harvard Business School:
“Producing Prosperity – Rethinking the Role of Manufacturing in the U.S. Economy”*
- Congressman Tom Reed, U.S. Representative, 23rd District of New York
- Harry Moser, Reshoring Initiative:
“Reshoring’s Impact on U.S. Manufacturing”*
- Justin Fishkin, Local Motors:
“Distributed Digital Production and Locally Upgradable Hardware”*
- David Ollila, Skypoint Ventures:
“100K Ideas – Re-tooling Flint”
- Chad Moutray, National Association of Manufacturers:
“Technology and the Economic Outlook for Manufacturing”*
- Jeffrey Wilcox, Lockheed Martin:
“Technologies Shaping the Future of U.S. Advanced Manufacturing”
- Ian Steff, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Manufacturing, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Kristen Baldwin, Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Systems Engineering
- Senator Gary Peters, U.S. Senator for Michigan
- Senator Christopher Coons, U.S. Senator for Delaware
Thank you to everyone who participated in the interactive activities during the Summit! Click on the questions below to view the results. The number in the upper right corner indicates the number of responses. Our interactive activities were made possible by Slido.
Click on links below to view a selection of handouts from the Summit or read them at their original source online. If you weren’t able to pick up a printed copy of one of our reports, you can find them digitally on the Download Reports page.
- Handout: Supply Chain Briefing (PDF)
- Experts Convene to Tackle American Metamaterials Manufacturing
- GUEST OPINION: Why America Needs a Manufacturing Strategy by Mike Russo, MForesight Leadership Council member (AAM blog, June 20, 2017)
- Why Strengthening the U.S. Supply Chain is Critical to Strengthening U.S. Manufacturing (AAM blog, July 19, 2017)
Other perspectives of the Summit
- AAM: At MForesight Summit, Visions of the Factories of the Future.
- Pramod Khargonekar, Executive Committee Member: Manufacturing – Global Value Chain Perspective