At the heart of MForesight is a group of seasoned experts and industry veterans with unique insights on the future of American manufacturing. The Leadership Council (LC) is comprised of leaders representing multiple industry sectors, nonprofit entities, and universities with significant strengths in research and education related to manufacturing. The LC is specifically works to:
- identify and prioritize emerging technologies for future research and investment,
- provide MForesight stakeholders with access to key subject matter experts,
- participate in semi-annual meetings to review organizational progress and priorities.
In short, the MForesight Leadership Council is more than an advisory committee. It’s a source of inspiration, ideas, analysis, and connections to accomplish the work technology foresight.
Affiliates are important members of the manufacturing community who participate in MForesight by:
- Being able to suggest emerging technology topics and opportunities in advanced manufacturing for further study or workshops.
- Having the opportunity to suggest subject matter experts for MForesight workshops and studies.
- Being able to volunteer to host MForesight workshops when appropriate (with MForesight covering the cost of hosting).
- Receiving an invitation to attend the National Summit in Washington, DC and submit topics for presentation there.
- Sharing MForesight events/programs with members of their organization
If you would like to submit your name for consideration as an Affiliate, please send a message to email@example.com.
Funding support for MForesight is provided by the National Science Foundation (NSF) and National Institutes for Standards and Technology (NIST) under grant no. 1552534 to the University of Michigan (Dr. Sridhar Kota).